Dr.Manoj's Homeopathy Treatments For Urinary Tract Infection
Urinary Tract Infections limited to your bladder can be painful and annoying. But serious consequences can occur if the infection spreads to your kidneys. Women are most at risk of developing a UTI. In fact, half of all women will develop a UTI during their lifetimes, and many will experience more than one.The urinary system is composed of the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. All play a role in removing waste from your body.
Signs and symptoms :
Not everyone with a UTI develops recognizable signs and symptoms, but most people have some. These can include :
- · A strong, persistent urge to urinate
- · A burning sensation when urinating
- · Passing frequent, small amounts of urine
- · Blood in the urine (hematuria) or cloudy, strong-smelling urine
Each type of UTI may result in more specific signs and symptoms, depending on which part of your urinary tract is infected
Urinary tract infections typically occur when bacteria enter the urinary tract through the urethra and begin to multiply in the bladder. The urinary system has infection-fighting properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria and is designed to keep out such microscopic invaders. However, certain factors increase the chances that bacteria will enter the urinary tract, take hold and multiply into a full-blown infection.
- · Anything that impedes the flow of urine, such as an enlarged prostate in men or a kidney stone
- · Diabetes and other chronic illnesses that may impair the immune system
- · Medications that lower immunity, such as chronic cortisone therapy or chemotherapy for cancer
- · Prolonged use of tubes (catheters) in the bladder
When treated promptly and properly, UTIs rarely lead to complications. But left untreated, a urinary tract infection can become something more serious than a set of uncomfortable symptoms. Untreated UTIs can lead to acute or chronic kidney infections (pyelonephritis), which could permanently damage your kidneys.