Are Your Listening To Your Ears?October 2, 2019 Posted by: Dr Manoj's Homeopathy 576 views
Is that your phone ringing?
You check on your phone to see that there’s no call or message. Oh, false alarm. It happens again. What’s happening? Why do you hear a buzzing or vibrating sound, even though not your phone, or nobody’s phone around you is ringing?
Don’t you think you should get this checked?
Many-a-times people don’t even realise that their ability to hear has decreased or that the weird ringing in their ears could be a matter of concern. In most cases, people don’t even deem it necessary to consult a specialist to rule out what’s wrong. They prefer waiting for the ear to fix itself, instead. Through this blog we wish to draw your attention to a condition known as tinnitus.
What is tinnitus?
Tinnitus is the awareness of sounds in the ears or head which are not from an external source. There are many different types of tinnitus sounds, of which the most common are hissing, whistling, whirring, ringing or buzzing.
Tinnitus is not a disease but it’s the combination of symptoms that are caused due to an underlying condition.
Are there different kinds of Tinnitus?
There are two kinds of tinnitus.
- Subjective tinnitus is tinnitus that is audible only to you. This is the most common type of tinnitus which can be caused by ear problems in your outer, middle or inner ear. It can also be caused due to issues with your auditory nerves or the part of your brain that interprets nerve signals as sound.
- Objective tinnitus is tinnitus that your doctor can hear when they are examining your ear. This rare type of tinnitus may be caused by a problem in the blood vessel, a middle ear bone condition or muscle contractions.
What are the causes of tinnitus?
There can be many reasons that trigger tinnitus. It causes a change in the transmission of signals that go from the ear to the brain where sound is processed, known as the auditory cortex. This results in some parts of the auditory cortex not receiving signals as they are supposed to. Factors responsible for the development of tinnitus:
1. Hearing loss: Tinnitus often occurs along with some extent of hearing loss. However, one out of three people complaining of tinnitus seem to retain their hearing powers.
2. Exposure to loud noise: If you are listening to very loud music or work in an environment that is loud, you could be at the risk of hearing loss. Even one incident of experiencing loud noises in close proximity may permanently damage your hearing. Repeated exposures to loud noise over an extended period of time also pose a serious risk to hearing.
3. Injury to the ears or head: In many cases chronic tinnitus stems from a neck or head injury.
4. Ear infection: Any ear infection can cause blockage of hearing, making it highly likely to develop into tinnitus.
5. Disease of the ear: There are several diseases of the ear that can occur in an otherwise healthy person, all of which can cause hearing loss.
6. Side effect of medication: Did you know that over 200 prescription and non-prescription drugs could cause tinnitus?
7. Emotional stress: Tinnitus is also affected by the level of stress you are reeling under. It is highly likely that the effects of tinnitus would be amplified when you’re stressed.
When to consult a doctor?
See your doctor as soon as possible if:
- Tinnitus occurs suddenly or without an apparent cause
- If the buzzing/ringing/humming inside your ears is accompanied by hearing loss or dizziness.
Why Homeopathy for Tinnitus?
It is known that there are no conventional drugs available to cure tinnitus. As mentioned above, in most cases, tinnitus develops as a result of an underlying issue or condition. WIth homeopathy, medication is used to cure the root cause of tinnitus and reduce the complications or severity of its symptoms. Homeopathy is the most preferred branch of medicine due to the following reasons:
- Homeopathy offers a natural remedy for tinnitus
- Homeopathy has no side-effects
- Homeopathy has a holistic approach to treating conditions
- Treatment with homeopathy offers individualized cure, which means you are treated for what you are suffering from and not for general symptoms that people are assumed to be experiencing.
- Homeopathy is simple and effective
- Homeopathy is the safest option because its treatment does not interfere with your conventional medication.
If you have any of the symptoms that we have listed above, please do consider Dr Manoj’s Homeopathy,one of the best homeopathy clinic in the country right now, with years of credibility. In fact, if you think you have tinnitus, you can visit our clinic or simply book yourself an online consultation.
About ‘Dr.Manojs Homeopathy’:
Dr.Manojs Homeopathy is run by a team of highly talented homeopathic doctors headed by Dr.Manoj Kuriakose . All the doctors are well trained and capable enough to take care of the need of patients for all their ailments. Dr.Manoj has been successfully practicing Homeopathy since the last 30 yrs and over the years has developed his ‘unique preparation of homeopathic remedies’ which are effective in treating numerous health conditions for patients world over.Those wanting to consult Dr. Manoj can visit our clinic or get an online consultation through our website www.drmanoj.com which is designed to your comfort of having a consultation with the doctor, from any corner of the world.