Cervical Spondylosis: Age Better With HomeopathyDecember 31, 2019 Posted by: Dr Manoj's Homeopathy 394 views
At different stages of life, you look forward to the next stage, hoping life will have something better to offer. If you think about it, as children, you couldn’t wait to grow up and go to college. When you get to college, you get excited to secure a job and earn well while meeting someone, falling in love and having a family. When that happens, you look forward to reaching the next stage in your career and then look forward to retiring and enjoying the perks of all the hard work, right? But, while you wait for so many things, you don’t really look forward to ‘ageing’, do you?
Just like the good old wine that gets better with time, everyone should age well. After working hard and earning a living for all your life, when you start getting older, it’s time for you to take a back seat, relax and enjoy your life, in the pink of health. But that’s not what happens, especially in India.
In your quest to give your best to your family or your employers, you just overlook your health, and as you get older, your ailments keep on increasing. Wear and tear in the body is bound to take place after years of functioning efficiently. This wear and tear happens in most parts of the body, especially in the joints, and is known by different conditions. Cervical spondylosis is one such wear and tear condition that affects your neck, as you grow older. Let’s understand what cervical spondylosis is.
Cervical spondylosis is an age-related condition that affects the joints and discs of your neck which is also known as your cervical spine. The condition is also known as cervical osteoarthritis or neck arthritis. You develop cervical spondylosis due to the wear and tear of the cartilage and bones of your neck. Research suggests that the condition is present in more than 90% of people who are 60 years and older.
What Are The Causes Of Cervical Spondylosis
Cervical spondylosis is also a disease characterized by wear and tear of the joint and cartilage. The possible causes of developing the condition include:
- Bone spurs: When your bone, in this case the spine, has an extra growth, it is known as bone spurs. The overgrowth is the body’s attempt to make the spine stronger. The overgrown bone can exert pressure on the delicate areas of the spine, such as the spinal cord and nerves, resulting in pain.
- Dehydrated spinal discs: Your spine has discs between them like thick cushions that absorb the impact or shock of lifting, twisting, and other activities. The gel-like material inside these discs may dry out over time. This causes your bones, that are medically known as spinal vertebrae, to rub against each other to cause friction and pain. You might start experiencing this in your 30s.
- Herniated discs/ Slip Disc: Your spinal discs can develop wear and tear injuries that allow the internal cushioning material to leak. This material that cushions the bone can press on the spinal cord and nerves, resulting in symptoms such as arm numbness as well as pain that radiates down the arm.
- Injury: If you’ve injured your neck, maybe during a fall or car accident, for example, this can accelerate the wear and tear.
- Ligament stiffness: The tough cords that connect your spinal bones to each other are known as ligaments. These ligaments can become stiffer over time, which affects your neck movement.
- Overuse: Some jobs, hobbies or activities involve repetitive movements or heavy lifting which can exert the spine, resulting in early wear and tear.
Symptoms Of Cervical Spondylosis
Cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause prominent or significant symptoms in many people. If symptoms do occur, you might experience them in a range of mild to severe and may develop gradually or occur suddenly.
Some of the most common symptoms of cervical spondylosis are pain around the shoulder blade and weakness in the muscles. Muscle weakness can make it hard to lift the arms or grasp objects firmly.
In some cases, people may complain of pain along the arm and in the fingers. The pain may increase while doing all the normal things like sneezing, coughing, sitting, standing or tilting your neck backwards.
Other common signs that need immediate medical attention include:
- A stiff neck that grows worse
- Headaches, mostly in the back of the head
- Tingling or numbness, mainly in the shoulders and arms
- Loss of balance
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
Homeopathy Treatment For Cervical Spondylosis
Homeopathic treatment focuses on totally treating the inflammation of the joints.Additionally, homeopathy is a purely natural approach to treatment, with no steroids or synthetic medicines being used. Homeopathic treatment for osteoarthritis can be quite effective. The treatment has no side-effects and is the safest option because it does not interfere with your conventional medication.
The approach of homeopathy treatment for cervical spondylosis offers a customised and individualized for you. It provides significant relief from pain and stiffness. It also stops the disease from progressing. It helps you get rid of symptoms like tingling, numbness & weakness and it improves the range of mobility of neck gradually.
For more information about homeopathy for and other related conditions, reach out to us at Dr Manoj’s Homeopathy and it would be our pleasure to help you fight your age-related health issues. With customised treatment and care beyond comparison, you can continue with our treatment without any interruption to any other treatment that you are on. Considering the difficulty in mobility that cervical spondylosis can cause, you can take advantage of our online consultations, from the comfort of your home.
About ‘Dr.Manojs Homeopathy’:
Dr.Manojs Homeopathy is run by a team of highly talented homeopathic doctors headed by Dr.Manoj Kuriakose . All the doctors are well trained and capable enough to take care of the need of patients for all their ailments. Dr.Manoj has been successfully practicing Homeopathy since the last 30 yrs and over the years has developed his ‘unique preparation of homeopathic remedies’ which are effective in treating numerous health conditions for patients world over.Those wanting to consult Dr. Manoj can visit our clinic or get an online consultation through our website www.drmanoj.com which is designed to your comfort of having a consultation with the doctor, from any corner of the world.