Knee Pain Due to Arthritis – An OverviewFebruary 26, 2018 Posted by: Dr. Manoj 869 views
Bones. The support system for your body. Imagine a time when you do not have bones or joints in your body. All your body will be just flesh.
Do you remember the scene in ‘Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets’ when the professor cast a spell on Harry to heal his injured arm but made his bones disappear by mistake?
That is how your body would feel like. Just flesh.
Now, the bones of the body are conjoined and the part where one bone joins the other is called the joint.
When you walk, run, play a sport or provide any kind of stress on the joints, the cartilage in those joints swell up due to the pressure and constant wear and tear. Now this painful swelling of the joints is called ‘Arthritis’. Arthritis affects each and every joint in the body. The elbow, the shoulder, the feet and most importantly and unfortunately affects the knees.
Your knees are your biggest support. The upper and lower body depends on it for mobility and balance. Can you imagine our knee joints wearing off due to arthritis? Scary, isn’t it?
Arthritis knee pain symptoms are mainly pain, almost all the time. How long can a person take being in constant pain?
Now, arthritis is such a condition that it can affect one or even multiple joints and since there are more than 100 types of arthritis, there are various kinds of symptoms and treatments for each of the type.
You see many people who have arthritis on an everyday basis. It is a condition which affects mainly the old and wise as with age the bones and joints become weaker due to extensive wear and tear through the years.
What are the causes of Arthritis?
All our bones are conjoined by cartilage which is a soft but firm connective tissue. When we walk, run or go on with our daily activities, the joints absorb the pressure created by the wear and tear. The loss of cartilage in a particular joint or joints causes some form of arthritis.
The regular or normal wear and tear of the tissues causes Osteoarthritis, which is the most common form of arthritis. Osteoarthritis usually happens due to the natural breakdown of the cartilage if it goes through any kind of injury or infection. The chances of a person getting osteoarthritis is higher in case the disease runs in the family.
Another type of arthritis which is commonly seen is Rheumatoid Arthritis. This happens as a result of an autoimmune condition where the immune system of the body attacks the tissue in the body which produces synovial fluid which is essential for lubrication in the joint.
Arthritis Knee Pain Symptoms:
The arthritis knee pain symptoms are:
- Joint Pain – Joint pain is one of the most common arthritis knee pain symptoms which is seen. Be it osteoarthritis or even rheumatoid, joint pain as a arthritis knee pain symptom is the primary symptom.
- Joint Stiffness – Another arthritis knee pain symptom is joint stiffness. Many a times, you might have a feeling that your knee joint may be feeling stuck, stiff and not easily movable. That’s a symptom.
- Redness of skin around the joint – This arthritis knee pain symptom is not always visible. This happens for a few people and not for all the people showing arthritis knee pain symptoms.
- Constant fatigue – This arthritis knee pain symptom is only seen from people who might have rheumatoid arthritis. Constant feeling of tiredness is often seen in people who suffer from this type of the condition.
- Loss of Appetite – Another arthritis knee pain symptom is loss of appetite which also happens if a person might be suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. The loss of appetite usually happens due the inflammation of the body’s immune system.
- Anaemia – Rheumatoid arthritis also leads to another arthritis knee pain symptom which is anaemia which basically is a condition where the count of your red blood cells in the blood reduces.
- Fever – Fever can happen to anyone and due to anything per se. But if the other arthritis knee pain symptoms mentioned above are seen, a fever usually is the last symptom which is seen accompanying in the cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Arthritis Knee Pain Treatments:
Apart from conventional allopathic treatment,Homeopathy offers very effective and safe treatment for arthritis” Arthritis responds very well to homeopathy. If a patient walks into Dr. Manoj’s Homeopathy in the initial stages when pain starts, progress or further degeneration of the joint can be controlled with homeopathic medicines. People also opt for homeopathic treatments in later stages after taking pain killers for a long time. We at Dr. Manoj’s homeopathy have been able to help many such patients in remaining pain free without pain killers.Some of them could avoid knee replacement surgeries as well. Along with focussing on reduction of pain, swelling and stiffness in joints, homeopathy also aims at improving the mobility in the joint.
It is important to consult a reputed homeopathic physician to make sure the correct diagnosis is made and the needs and difficulties of the patient is understood so that the correct treatment for homeopathy for knee pain is given.
ABOUT DR MANOJ’S HOMEOPATHY
Dr.Manojs Homeopathy is run by a team of highly talented Homeopathic Doctors headed by Dr.Manoj Kuriakose. All the doctors are well trained and are capable enough to take care of the need of patients for all their ailments.
Dr.Manoj has developed his ‘unique preparation of homeopathic remedies’ which are effective in treating numerous health conditions for patients world over.
Those wanting to consult Dr. Manoj can visit our clinic or get an online consultation through our website www.drmanoj.com which is designed to your comfort of having a consultation with the doctor, from any corner of the world.