Try Homeopathy For Sciatica PainJuly 12, 2018 Posted by: Dr Manoj's Homeopathy 1,238 views
Many a times, you might find it difficult to walk right after sitting for long, there’s a pain that radiates from your back and goes down to either one or both your feet. The pain then goes away after a little activity. You might just ignore the pain for a few days till it actually starts interfering with your routine. This pain could actually be sciatica pain. Read on to know more about it.
What is Sciatica pain?
Sciatica pain refers to the pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve which is the longest nerve in the body which branches from your lower back to your hips and buttocks and down to each leg.
What causes sciatica pain?
- Spinal disc herniation– The condition commonly known as slipped disc caused by pressure from a disc herniation & swelling of surrounding tissue.
- Spinal stenosis –The condition in which the spinal canal narrows & compresses the spinal cord & nerves at the level of the lumbar vertebra.
- Piriformis syndrome –This is a neuromuscular disorder that occurs when the sciatic nerve is compressed or otherwise irritated by the piriformis muscle causing pain & numbness along the path of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy – as a result of the weight of the baby pressing on the sciatic nerve during sitting or during leg spasms.
- Tumors impinging on the spinal cord or the nerve roots.
- Trauma to the spine from a car accident.
What are the symptoms of sciatica pain?
- Lower back pain
- Constant pain in only one side of buttock or leg
- Pain that originates in low back or buttock and goes down to the calf or even below.
- Pain that feels better while lying down or walking but worsens while standing or sitting.
- numbness or weakness down the leg
What are the risk factors for sciatica risk?
Risk factors for sciatica include:
- Age: Age-related changes in the spine are the most common causes of sciatica.
- Obesity: Excess body weight can contribute to triggering sciatica pain by increasing the stress on your spine.
- Occupation: A job that requires you to twist your back, carry heavy loads or drive a motor vehicle for long periods or even prolonged sitting, might play a role in sciatica, but there’s no conclusive evidence of the link.
- Diabetes: Diabetes affects the way your body uses blood sugar and increases your risk of nerve damage.
Homeopathy is known for the customization of medicines for sciatica which work by reducing the pain & preventing complications. Homeopathy controls the pain during the acute attack of sciatica as well as helps in preventing the recurrence of such episodes. by relieving the compression compression on the sciatic nerve and strengthens the muscles and ligaments around the spine. It reduces stiffness and improves the mobility of the joints. Homeopathic medicines help stopping the progression of the condition and treats sciatica very effectively.
The chances of a relapse with homeopathy are very less. The advantage with homeopathy is that it is made of extracts of natural products and causes no side effects.
Along with homeopathy medication, other lifestyle changes and better nutritional diet will contribute in curing sciatica.
Few suggestions for people suffering from sciatica pain are-
- Avoid lifting heavy weight that can increase the pressure on the nerve.
- Avoid bending forward and squatting on the floor.
- Workout with exercises that will help strengthening the muscles of the back.
- Support the back with a lumbar belt if necessary while travelling.
ABOUT DR MANOJ’S HOMEOPATHY:
Dr. Manojs Homeopathy is run by a team of highly talented Homeopathic Doctors headed by Dr. Manoj Kuriakose. All the doctors are well trained and are capable enough to take care of the need of patients for all their ailments. Dr. Manoj has developed his ‘unique preparation of homeopathic remedies’ which are effective in treating numerous health conditions for patients world over. Those wanting to consult Dr. Manoj can Visit Our Clinic or get an Online Consultation for Sciatica through our website www.drmanoj.com which is designed to your comfort of having a Consultation with the doctor, from any corner of the world.